Today I wanted to share a short roundup of my favorite moving tools and supplies. These are basic but tried and true! Every move will run smoother with these supplies in place.
- Small accordion or tickler file folder for all your important moving related paperwork (including your inventory, moving contract, supply and to do list, real estate agreements etc)
- Notepad for inventory-or digital file for inventory (of boxes and contents)
- Sticky notes & painters tape-use these for identifying where items will go. Painters tape will not stick permanently to surfaces.
- Eco-Friendly Boxes-look for boxes that are include recycled content and can be re-used again and again!
- Durable packing tape-I like scotch or Staples brand and prefer clear with a handled dispenser. Some packing tape is very thin and flimsy, check before you buy!
- Bubble wrap for very fragile items
- Packing paper (you can use newspaper but it leaves your hands dirty). A mix of recycled newspaper and new packing paper is a nice compromise.
- Blankets, pillows, towels and other textiles-these can all be used to cushion and add padding to fragile items
- Scissors, box cutters & permanent markers with bold tip in black and colors (color code boxes-use RED for fragile items etc)
- Trash bags-Kitchen size and larger-clear for donations and recycling
- Cleaning supplies-glass cleaner, paper towels, gloves, rags, multi purpose cleaner, sponges, goo-gone and wood cleaner are all useful for wiping things down before you pack or as you unpack and put things away
- Snacks, water/beverages and a small assortment of paper plates, utensils-Better yet, keep reusable items out for each household member and have a “kitchen kit”!
Is there anything I forgot that you think is essential to have on hand? I would love to hear your contributions!