Using a household binder is a great way to keep lots of miscellaneous and commonly referenced loose papers in one place. It can be used anywhere you need, taken with you from room to room (or when you leave home) and is an easy way share information with babysitters, family members etc.
What to Include in your Household Binder
- Emergency contacts such as doctors, family members and neighbors.
- Vital household information-wifi code, alarm and utility company info etc.
- Important personal and medical information such as allergies and medications
- Schedules including school year, holiday’s, sports and after school activities etc
- Takeout food menu’s
- Meal Planning
- Grocery lists
- To Do list
- Action items-bills to be paid
- Chore charts/Goal Charts etc
- Pet Info
- House Rules (for guests etc)
How to Set up your household binder
- Gather supplies including binder, clear sheet protectors, section dividers with tabs, labels (label maker) & markers , pens or pencils
- Print blank forms for any of the information above
- Type out or hand write contact info, personal /household info
- Gather menu’s, mail, lists, invitations and schedules
- Create sections for Contact &/or Emergency Information, household member, Schedules, Chore charts, pet info. meals, To-Do etc.
This is a great system for households that don’t’ have a lot of space for a command center but it can also be used along with a more “Visual” command center.